Saturday 3 March 2018

Daily Spiritual Diet

OREMUS! OREMUS!! OREMUS!!!
MARCH 04TH

BREAK THE ALABASTER JAR

In that town was a woman who lived a sinful life. She heard that Jesus was eating in the Pharisee's house, so she brought an alabaster jar full of perfume and stood behind Jesus by his feet crying and wetting his feet with her tears. Then she dried his feet with her hair, kissed him and poured the oil on them.
Alabaster is a vessel made from soft marble in Egypt. It contains very expensive oil (Ex. 30:22-33). The disciples rebuked her for wasting such expensive oil. (Mt. 26:8-9)
Why did the woman break the alabaster of such an expensive oil? She could be very rich in the eye of the world because of what she possessed the oil. But she has a stigma her money could not remove, she was referred to as a sinner (Lk. 7:37). She desired salvation above riches.
Prayer Arrow for Today:
1. Thank you God for opening my eyes to the gospel truth of today.
2. Lord, help me to make the necessary sacrifice needed for salvation of souls.
3. Lord, make me not to value the temporary things of this world above eternal values.
4. O Lord, frustrate the plan of the devil to make me miss heaven because of difficulties and frustrations of life.
5. Lord, I thank you for your blessings in my life and may these blessings not take your place in my life or take me away from you.
6. Lord, help me to break away from all that separate me from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment